From the dry, rocky world of Ryloth, Twi'leks have made a place for themselves along the Galaxy. These tall, thin humanoids include a variety of distinct subraces, but all are instantly recognizable by the tentacular "Head-Tails" (Called Lekku) that protrude from the backs of their heads.
Sly, calculating beings, Twi'leks prefer to avoid trouble and stick to the shadows until an opportunity to act without undue danger to themselves presents itself. Their entrepreneurial spirit frequently leads them to positions of influence, and Twi'lek corporate executives and ambassadors are no less common than unscrupulous Twi'lek freighter captains and crime lords.
Twi'lek Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Personality: Twi'leks are calculating, pragmatic, and charismatic people. Generally, they try to avoid being swept up in open conflict, preferring instead to duck into the shadows where they can observe, plan, and prepare to profit from the outcome.
Physical Description: Twi'leks are humanoids with long head-tails. The average Twi'lek stands between 1.6 and 2 meters tall, with skin tones ranging between white, green, blue, red, and orange, as well as a variety of others.
Average Height/Weight: A typical Twi'lek male stands at 1.8 meters tall and weighs 55 kilograms, while a typical Twi'lek female stands at 1.6 meters tall and weighs 55 kilograms.
Age Groups: Twi'leks age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-12 Years||13-15 Years||16-44 Years||45-59 Years||60-79 Years||80+ Years|
Homeworld: The rocky world of Ryloth.
Languages: Twi'leks speak, read, and write Ryl and Basic. They can also communicate with one another using their Lekku (A form of sign language). Many others also learn Huttese.
Example Names: Bib Fortuna, Deel Surool, Firith Olan, Koyi Komad, Lyn Me, Oola, Tott Doneeta.
Adventurers: Twi'lek adventures generally prefer to work behind the scenes as Scoundrels, letting others stand in the full light of day. Many wind up in businesses (Whether legal or illegal), performing as entertainers, or even serving as diplomats as Nobles.
Twi'lek Species Traits[edit | edit source]
Twi'leks share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: Twi'leks receive a +2 bonus to their Charisma, but suffer a -2 penalty to their Wisdom. Twi'leks make convincing diplomats, but are relatively weak-willed.
- Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Twi'leks have no special modifiers due to their size.
- Speed: Twi'leks have a base speed of 6 squares.
- Deceptive: Naturally gifted at manipulation, a Twi'lek may choose to reroll any Deception check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted, even if it is worse.
- Great Fortitude: Twi'leks gain a +2 Species bonus to their Fortitude Defense. Twi'leks have great health with a natural resistance to toxins and illnesses.
- Automatic Languages: All Twi'leks can speak, read, and write both Basic and Ryl.
Additional Twi'lek Species Feats[edit | edit source]
Reference Book: Star Wars Saga Edition Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
|Imperceptible Liar||Increase the die type when adding Force Points to a Deception check.|
|Jedi Heritage||Gain extra Force Powers when you take the Force Training Feat.|
|Survivor of Ryloth||Make Survival checks to resist Extreme Heat and Extreme Cold.|