Reference Book: Star Wars Saga Edition Threats of the Galaxy
See also: Allies and Opponents
Creatures that have the "Pack" or "Swarm" traits are actually a group of three or more individual creatures that move and fight as a single unit. They occupy the same space and are treated as a single creature for the purpose of combat, though they might be described as a cluster or several creatures. For example, a Womp Rat Pack has a single statistics block and acts like a single creature, but might actually be three or four Womp Rats in the context of the encounter's description. Typically, a Pack or Swarm has a CL 2 points higher than the base creature's CL.
Creating a Pack or Swarm Edit
To create a Pack or Swarm, make the following changes to the statistics block of any creature:
- Increase the creature's size by one category, and apply all relevant modifiers.
- Double the creature's Hit Points.
- Increase the creature's Damage Threshold by 10.
- All melee attacks are considered melee Area Attacks, affecting all squares within Reach. An adjacent allied Pack or Swarm is not affected by a Pack or Swarm's melee Area Attacks.
- All ranged attacks are considered to have a 1-square Splash.
- Area Attacks deal an extra 2 dice of damage against a Pack or Swarm.