Homebrew Reference Book: Clone Wars Saga Edition Fan Sourcebook - Species
Hailing from the volcanic world of Mustafar, the inhabitants of this world bear a striking resemblance to the Kubaz, with long trunks and sloping foreheads dominating their faces. Although the planet is barely habitable, life always seems to find a way, and life forms were soon living on cooled portions of the lava floe. There are two separate and distinct races of Mustafarian: the Northerners, who are tall and thin, and the shorter, tougher Southerners. Despite their differences, none of the Mustafarians care much for matters offworld, or even the activities of foreigners on their own planet. They instead prefer to keep to themselves deep within their underground network of caves and warrens, living their own lives.
Southern Mustafarian Characteristics Edit
Personality: Mustafarians are somewhat reclusive, most interested in mining the mineral wealth of Mustafar and trading it for goods they find valuable. The Mustafarians are very observant, and watch outsiders closely. Their natural inquisitive nature is typically held in check around outsiders, around which they act very reserved.
Physical Description: The Southern Mustafarians are squat, standing approximately 1.6 to 1.8 meters tall, and carry a much broader build. Both races of insectoids have dark gray skin, long trunks for noses, and foreheads that slope steeply towards their necks. The Mustafarians are almost always seen in thick protective garb and eye goggles.
Average Height/Weight: A typical Southern Mustafarian stands at 1.7 meters tall and weighs about 90 kilograms.
Age Groups: Southern Mustafarians age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-9 Years||10-15 Years||16-45 Years||46-60 Years||62-75 Years||76+ Years|
Languages: Mustafarians speak Mustafarian.
Example Names: Chivos, Donko Jen, Fralideja, Renlo Hens.
Southern Mustafarian Species Traits Edit
Southern Mustafarians share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: All Southern Mustafarians receive a +2 bonus to both their Strength and Dexterity, but suffer -2 penalties to their Intelligence and Wisdom. Southern Mustafarians are physically gifted, but much weaker in mental facilities when compared to their northern brethren.
- Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Sothern Mustafarians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Sothern Mustafarians have a base speed of 6 squares.
- Natural Armor: Sothern Mustafarians have a thick hide that is almost impervious to heat, providing a +2 Natural Armor bonus to their Reflex Defense. A Natural Armor bonus stacks with an Armor bonus.
- Bonus Feat: Sothern Mustafarians receive Armor Proficiency (Light) as a bonus Feat. Nearly all Mustafarians wear armor fashioned from the molted carapaces of the native Lava Flea.
- Heat Resistance: Southern Mustafarians are more resistant to hot temperatures than their northern relatives and receive a +2 Species bonus to their Fortitude Defense against Extreme Heat and Fire.
- Automatic Languages: All Sothern Mustafarians can speak, read, and write Mustafarian.