The Gungans are omnivorous humanoids native to the swamps of Naboo. Technologically advanced, they rely mostly on biotech, growing instead of building their homes and production facilities.
While their culture is peaceful, it evolved from a series of long, bloody clan wars, and Gungans still admire strength and cunning. Most communities are devoted to farming or manufacturing goods that are then traded to other Gungan settlements, but they will reluctantly trade with the Humans of Naboo.
Gungan Characteristics Edit
Personality: Gungans tend to be inquisitive, cautious, and suspicious.
Physical Description: Gungans range from 1.6 to 2 meters tall, with two eyestalks, floppy ears, and long tongues.
Average Height/Weight: A typical Gungan stands at 1.8 meters tall and weighs 70 kilograms.
Age Groups: Gungans age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-12 Years||13-15 Years||16-35 Years||36-54 Years||55-64 Years||65+ Years|
Homeworld: The serene world of Naboo.
Languages: Gungans speak, read, and write both Gunganese and Basic.
Example Names: Fassa, Jar Jar, Rugor, Tarpals, Toba, Tobler Ceel, Yoss.
Adventurers: Many Gungans leave their underwater cities to explore as Scouts. Since the treaty with the Humans of Naboo, some Gungans- perhaps driven by an impulse to regain the warrior spit of old as Soldiers- have taken a larger step into galactic society.
Gungan Species Traits Edit
Gungans share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: Gungans have a natural +2 bonus to their Dexterity, but suffer -2 penalties to their Intelligence and Charisma. Gungans are agile, but aren't particularly witty or astute.
- Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Gungans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Gungans have a base speed of 6 squares. They also have a swim speed of 4 squares.
- Expert Swimmer: A Gungan may choose to reroll any Swim check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted even if it is worse. In addition, a Gungan may choose to Take 10 on Swim checks even when distracted or threatened.
- Hold Breath: Gungans are at home either in air or in water. A Gungan can hold his or her breath for a number of rounds equal to 25 times their Constitution score before they needs to make Endurance checks to hold their breath.
- Lightning Reflexes: Gungans gain a +2 Species bonus to their Reflex Defense, accounting for their uncanny ability to avoid danger.
- Low-Light Vision: Gungans ignore Concealment (But not Total Concealment) from darkness.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gungans treat the Atlatl, Cesta, and Electropole as Simple Weapons (Melee) instead of Exotic Weapons (Melee).
- Automatic Languages: All Gungans can speak, read, and write both Gunganese and Basic.
Additional Gungan Species Feats Edit
Reference Book: Star Wars Saga Edition Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
|Gungan Weapon Master||Increase the die type when adding Force Points to attacks with an Atlatl or Cesta.|
|Perfect Swimmer||Reroll Swim checks, always keeping the better result.|
|Warrior Heritage||Gain a bonus to Will Defense when using an Atlatl or Cesta.|