Gamorreans are green-skinned, porcine creatures native to Gamorr. Their tendency toward violence makes them valued as criminal enforcers; though viewed as mindless brutes, they don't care so long as they are paid to fight.
Gamorrean civilization revolves around the never-ending wars between their clans. Preferring large melee weapon in combat, many see ranged weapons as cowardly. Males live to fight; females farm, hunt, and manufacture weapons. Inter-clan hatred rarely fades, and anyone hiring Gamorreans should be aware of their clans to avoid infighting.
Gamorrean Characteristics Edit
Personality: Gamorreans are brutish, violent, and proud. They respect physical prowess and have no problem facing death against a foe they feel they are on at least equal footing with.
Physical Description: Gamorreans average about 1.8 meters tall, with thick green skin covering powerful muscles. Close-set eyes, a thick snout, tusks, and small horns give them a distinct look.
Average Height/Weight: A typical Gamorrean stands at 1.8 meters tall and weighs 140 kilograms.
Age Groups: Gamorreans age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-6 Years||7-12 Years||13-29 Years||30-39 Years||40-44 Years||45+ Years|
Homeworld: The preindustrial world of Gamorr.
Languages: Gamorreans speak Gamorrean. They have no written version of the language. They can learn to understand, but not speak other languages.
Example Names: Gartogg, Jubnuk, Ortugg, Ugmush, Venorra, Warlug.
Adventurers: Some Gamorreans leave their homeworld as slaves, but later escape or buy out their contracts. Others sell their contracts, finding employment as bodyguards or enforcers. A Gamorrean is constantly at war; it's only a matter of figuring out who the enemy is. Gamorrean Heroes tend to select the Soldier class.
Gamorrean Species Traits Edit
Gamorreans share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: Gamorreans have a +2 bonus to Strength, but suffer a -2 penalty to both their Dexterity and Intelligence. Gamorreans possess greater physical power, but have limited agility and intelligence.
- Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Gamorreans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Gamorreans have a base speed of 6 squares.
- Primitive: Gamorreans do not gain Weapon Proficiency (Heavy Weapons), Weapon Proficiency (Pistols), or Weapon Proficiency (Rifles) as starting Feats at first level, even if their Class normally grants them.
- Great Fortitude: Gamorreans gain a +2 Species bonus to their Fortitude Defense, accounting for their great physical resistance.
- Bonus Feat: Gamorreans gain Improved Damage Threshold as a bonus Feat.
- Weapon Familiarity (Arg'garok): Gamorreans treat the Arg'garok as an Advanced Melee Weapon, instead of an Exotic Weapons (Melee).
- Automatic Languages: All Gamorreans can speak Gamorrean. They have no written version of the language. In addition, all Gamorreans understand, read, and write (But not speak) Basic.
Additional Gamorrean Species Feats Edit
Reference Book: Star Wars Saga Edition Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
|Increased Resistance||Gain a bonus to Fortitude Defense when an enemy fails to affect you.|
|Primitive Warrior||Deal +1 die of damage with Simple Weapons (Melee).|
|Quick Comeback||Recover quickly after being moved down the Condition Track by damage.|