Reference Book: Star Wars Saga Edition Galaxy of Intrigue
See also: Sample Skill Challenges
In this Skill Challenge, the heroes attempt to shake off the Imperials that are in hot pursuit of them after their successful kidnapping of the neurobiologist Saludor Narubo.
Fleeing the Imperials Statistics (CL 6) Edit
Complexity: 3 (11 Successes before 3 Failures)
- Knowledge (Galactic Lore) (DC 25 or DC 21): The heroes can try to use their knowledge of the planet and the city's winding streets to figure out the best way to elude their pursuers. The DC is reduced to 21 for heroes who are familiar with the area.
- Perception (DC 23): The heroes can attempt to travel along unexpected routes or enter locations where the Imperials are unlikely to follow.
- Pilot (DC 18 or Opposed DC): The heroes can pilot a Speeder along the fastest routes, dodge debris and obstacles, and find other ways to elude the Imperials. If the Imperials get too close to the heroes' Speeder, the Imperials become able to make Pilot checks to set the DC for this Skill.
Challenge Effects Edit
The following are suggested Challenge Effects for this Skill Challenge:
- Opposed DC: Certain Skills in this challenge can be opposed by the Imperials in pursuit.
- Restricted Skills: The following Skills cannot be used in this challenge: Gather Information, Survival, Swim, and Treat Injury.
Success and Failure Edit
Success: The heroes manage to shake off their pursuers and reach the spaceport without further incident.
Failure: The Imperials catch up to the heroes and corner them, engaging in a firefight. Local law enforcement officials show up in large enough numbers that the Imperials withdraw. Later, the field officer uses bribes and threats to have Narubo released into Imperial custody while the heroes are sent to prison.