Bartokk Species data created by Wikia user Jdborghetti (Converted from it's Ultimate Alien Anthology counterpart).
Filordi (Singular: Filordus) care about two things: making their homeworld less hostile, and getting away from it. Some Filordi prefer to make what they can of their homeworld; thus, they have begun terraforming in earnest.
Hardy and intelligent, Filordi adapt quickly to circumstances. They are driven to succeed but seem incapable of planning for long-term success. In this way, they are a shortsighted Species. To survive, they consume every bit of any resource that comes their way. Frequently the best way to defeat them is to give them what they want, them leave before they change their mind.
Filordi are asexual and reproduce while dying. A week after its "Parent" has died, an infant Filordi crawls from the corpse.
Personality: Most Filordi are persistent, resourceful, creative, and ruthlessly opportunistic.
Physical Description: Filordi stand 1.4 meters tall on average and have six limbs. Two arms hang from a Filordu's shoulders. Long, spindly front legs grow from its abdominal area. Shorter stubby back legs extend from its hindquarters. Both legs have pincer toes and flat feet- the pincers face rearward on the front legs and forward on the back legs. In a brawl, a Filordus usually crouches on its hind legs, fighting with its arms and pincers. Filordi can rise on their haunches and walk in bipedal fashion, but this is very tiring. Their faces are humanoid. Their large ears can fold down over their eyes to protect them from wind and rain. Their bodies are covered in light-colored short hair, sometimes marked with blue stripes.
Age Groups: Filordi age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-9 Years||10-14 Years||15-39 Years||40-55 Years||56-69 Years||70+ Years|
Homeworld: Filordis, an Inner Rim world circling a red star. The planet is rocky wasteland with fierce winds and frequent thunderstorms.
Language: Filordi speak and read Filordian. They can speak Basic with gravely voices that miss some of the consonant sounds.
Example Names: Anazzar, Birkalz, Dreevan, Furran, Grizztil, Hizkal, Nirzru, Nui Gneppe, Surlan, Zebbil.
Adventurers: Filordi frequently leave their homeworld to find better places to live. Once out in the galaxy, they dabble in many different pursuits, largely because they cannot focus on any one thing at great length. There are few Filordi Nobles and no Force Prodigies among them. They take up all other Heroic Classes. A few have even been trained as Jedi.
Filordus Species Traits
Filordi share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: All Filordi receive a +2 bonus to their Constitution, but suffer a -2 penalty to their Dexterity. Filordi are tough and hardy, but lack a degree of finesse.
- Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Filordi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Filordi have a base speed of 6 squares.
- Heightened Awareness: With large ears and acute hearing, a Filordus may choose to reroll any Perception check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted, even if it is worse.
- Natural Weapons: A Filordus has Natural Weapons, in the form of powerful pincer-like legs. When a Filordus makes an Unarmed attack, it may choose to use it's Natural Weapons, dealing 1d6 points of Bludgeoning damage with the attack instead of normal Unarmed damage. A Filordus is always considered armed with their Natural Weapons.
- Automatic Language: All Filordi can speak, read, and write Filordian.