Intelligent omnivores native to one of the moons orbiting Endor, Ewoks are almost unknown prior to the battle of Endor. Ewoks live in tree-dwelling tribes with gender-based division of labor; males hunt, forage, and make weapons, while females raise young and handle other domestic tasks. Ewok culture revolves around complex animistic beliefs involving the giant trees of the forest moon.
Although technologically primitive, Ewoks are clever, inquisitive, and inventive. Skittish and wary when first introduced to machines, their curiosity soon overcomes fear.
Ewok Characteristics Edit
Personality: Ewoks tend to be curious, superstitious, and courageous, though they can be fearful around things that are strange or new.
Physical Description: Ewoks average about 1 meter tall. Their fur color and pattern varies widely.
Average Height/Weight: A typical Ewok stands at 1.0 meters tall and weighs 30 kilograms.
Age Groups: Ewoks age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-9 Years||10-14 Years||14-29 Years||30-44 Years||45-59 Years||60+ Years|
Homeworld: The Forest Moon of Endor.
Languages: Ewoks speak Ewokese. They have no written form of their language. They can learn to speak Basic.
Example Names: Asha, Chirpa, Deej, Kneesaa, Latara, Logray, Malani, Nippet, Paploo, Shodu, Teebo, Wicket, Wiley.
Adventurers: An Ewok adventurer may be motivated by a love of excitement, a natural inquisitiveness, or a warrior's quest. Collecting powerful "Magic" items from fallen opponents is a sure way to earn the respect of the tribe.
Ewok Species Traits Edit
Ewoks share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: All Ewoks receive a +2 bonus to their Dexterity, but suffer a -2 penalty to their Strength. Ewoks are very agile but somewhat weak.
- Small Size: As Small creatures, Ewoks gain a +1 size bonus to their Reflex Defense and a +5 size bonus on Stealth checks. However, their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of Medium characters.
- Speed: Ewoks have a base speed of 4 squares.
- Conditional Bonus Feat: Ewoks are skilled foragers. An Ewok with Survival as a Trained Skill gains Skill Focus (Survival) as a bonus Feat.
- Primitive: Ewoks do not gain Weapon Proficiency (Heavy Weapons), Weapon Proficiency (Pistols), or Weapon Proficiency (Rifles) as starting Feats at first level, even if their Class normally grants them.
- Scent: Ewoks have a keen sense of smell. At close range (Within 10 squares), Ewoks ignore Concealment and Cover for purposes of Perception checks, and take no penalty from poor visibility while Tracking.
- Sneaky: An Ewok may choose to reroll any Stealth check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted even if it is worse.
- Automatic Languages: All Ewoks can speak Ewokese. They have no written form of their language.
Additional Ewok Species Feats Edit
Reference Book: Star Wars Saga Edition Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
|Ample Foraging||Grant a bonus to allies' Fortitude Defense by foraging.|
|Forest Stalker||Reroll Stealth checks, always keeping the better result.|
|Keen Scent||Increase the range of your Scent ability by 20 squares.|