Em'liy Species data created by Wikia user Jdborghetti (Converted from it's Ultimate Alien Anthology counterpart).
Imperial forces drove the Em'liy, the dominant Species of Shalyvane, from their cities. A disgraced people with no home and no resources to rebuild cities, the Em'liy felt undeserving of a name and simply called themselves "Nomads." Maligned and homeless for years, the Em'liy evolved into a hardy and tenacious people who have only recently begun to rebuild their capital city and explore the galaxy.
Angered Em'liy are dangerous foes and loyal friends. They are not easily impressed; those who impress them have allies for life. Entire wars have ended because one Em'liy general sufficiently impressed another in the course of battle. Since their fail from grace, however, much of their arrogance has left them, replaced with feeling of loss and restlessness. The Em'liy are deadly warriors, with a ferocity in battle unmatched by many warrior Species. Observes have labeled this ferocity "Berserker" behavior, though this is not entirely accurate. Warring Em'liy give themselves over completely to a fight, letting the course of battle define their actions and thoughts. They control their own actions, but the Spirit of Battle helps refine that control.
Em'liy Characteristics Edit
Personality: Em'liy are born survivors, raised to hunt for every morsel of food and fight for every drop of water. They take nothing for granted and tend to possess a fatalistic approach toward life. They expect no favors and express only contempt for the lazy, spoiled, or domineering.
Physical Description: The Em'liy have muscular bodies with skin that ranges from yellow-tan to orange to blue. They wear their fine dark hair in long topknots to show caste status and inspire fear in enemies. The number of topknots varies from none to three, depending on caste. Otherwise, their bodies are hairless. Em'liy stand 1,9 meters tall, on average. They have a distinct lack of facial features- their smooth, noseless, and earless faces show little in the way of sensory organs. They have small, round eyes with no lids or lashes, and their thin mouth openings are nearly lipless. A thin, gas-permeable layer of skin covers their auditory and olfactory organs to protect them from the hot sun, harsh wind, and sandstorms of their homeworld.
Age Groups: Em'liy age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-10 Years||11-15 Years||16-35 Years||36-53 Years||54-64 Years||65+ Years|
Language: Em'liy speak and read Em'liy. Most Em'liy also learn to speak Basic.
Example Names: Evir'zan, Jelevos, Ji'kata, Karien, Neth, Shanzar, Tez'ra.
Adventurers: Em'liy are nomads, and those who manage to leave their homeworld often adopt a nomadic lifestyle in space, traveling from one system to the next aboard tramp freighters and other vessels. Em'liy adventurers can be Scouts, Scoundrels, and Soldiers. Em'liy Nobles do not exist. Although the Em'liy have no known Force Traditions, members of their Species could conceivably learn the ways of The Force and either train as Force Prodigy or as a Jedi.
Em'liy Species Traits Edit
Em'liy share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: All Em'liy receive a +2 bonus to their Constitution, but suffer -2 penalties to both their Wisdom and Charisma. Em'liy are hardy and adaptable, but their gruff nomadic attitudes make them appear overly grumpy to others..
- Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Em'liy have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Em'liy have a base speed of 6 squares.
- Spirit of Battle: Once per day, an Em'liy can enter an extreme state of focus as a Swift Action. While so focused, the Em'liy temporarily gains a +2 insight to melee attack rolls and all their Defenses, but cannot use Skills that require patience and concentration, such as Mechanics, Stealth, or Use the Force. The Em'liy's Spirit of Battle lasts for a number of rounds equal to 5 + the Em'liy's Wisdom modifier.
- Sneaky: An Em'liy can choose to reroll any Stealth check to Sneak, but the result of the reroll must be accepted, even if it is worse.
- Automatic Language: All Em'liy can speak, read, and write Em'liy.