Caarite Species data created by Wikia user Lukewarner (Converted from it's Ultimate Alien Anthology counterpart).
Caarites are sly, ingratiating beings whose friendly demeanors overshadow their penchant for crooked dealings. While they suffer from a rather poor reputation, it is difficult for anyone around a Caarite for an extended period of time to believe it capable of anything truly malicious. They wear broad grins, bearing a double row of wide, flat, white teeth. Taking advantage of their frail, friendly appearance, they seize the upper hand in negotiations, exuding an almost childlike charm when dealing directly with large groups of individuals.
Caarite Characteristics Edit
Personality: Caarites are friendly, entertaining, and opportunistic. They desire to get the better of their rivals by any means necessary and demonstrate few scruples at the bargaining table.
Physical Description: Caarites stand 1 meter tall (On average), with features that are vaguely porcelain. They have slightly elongated snouts turned delicately upwards at their tips. Their broad, open faces make their open smilies look even friendlier. Their flesh is pale pink, and their bodies are hairless.
Age Groups: Caarites age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-10 Years||11-15 Years||16-44 Years||45-57 Years||58-74 Years||75+ Years|
Languages: Caarites speak Caarimala and Basic. Many Caarites know at least one additional language.
Example Names: Velin Wir, Thurm Loogg, Belrem Mar, Fiana Jor, Zoda Brell.
Adventurers: Caarites who become adventurers do so for personal gain. They favor nonviolent tactics when face-to-face with an adversary, but they nonetheless carry a number of tools and ranged weapons. Caarites favor the Scoundrel and Scout Classes. Because they are adverse to physical combat, they do not take up the Soldier Class. Some Caarites are Force-sensitive, but their inherent greed prevents them from following the path of The Jedi.
Caarite Species Traits Edit
Caarites share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: All Caarites receive a +2 bonus to their Charisma, but suffer a -2 penalty to their Constitution. Caarites are endearing and approachable, but are physically weak.
- Small Size: As Small creatures, Caarites gain a +1 size bonus to their Reflex Defense and a +5 size bonus on Stealth checks. However, their lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of Medium characters.
- Speed: Caarites have a base speed of 4 squares.
- Heat Resistance: Caarites add a +5 Species bonus to their Fortitude Defense to resist Extreme Heat.
- Natural Diplomat: A Caarite gains a +5 Species bonus to Persuasion checks made to Haggle. Additionally, Persuasion is always a Class Skill for Caarites.
- Automatic Languages: All Caarites can speak, read, and write both Basic and Caarimala.