Colicoid Species data created by unknown Wikia user (Converted from it's Ultimate Alien Anthology counterpart).
The Ayrou are willowy humanoids from the planet Maya Kovel in the Moddell Sector. They evolved from a birdlike species yet are incapable of flight.
The Ayrou were one of the first sentient Species in the Moddell Sector to master space flight. They have a baffling cultural paradigma that lets distinguished members of the Species debate a cultural or religious topic for generations, then abruptly commit to a single sociological custom or path. The Ayrou also possess a hoarding instinct that compels them to gather up anything they can find on the off chance that it can be used in the future. The impulse to collect things is easily mistaken for greed, but Ayrou are not usually covetous and regard their gathering nature as simply “Practical.”
Ayrou Characteristics Edit
Personality: Ayrou are Strong-willed individualists, wily negotiators, and tireless collectors for information about anything and everything. Despite their relentless drive, the Ayrou are a peaceful Species. They regard haggling and dealing as an art form and think combat is the refuge of juveniles, the feeble-minded, and others who can’t succeed using their wits.
Physical Description: A typical Ayrou is tall and thin, standing 2 meters tall but weighing only 65 kilograms. The Ayrou are an attractive Species, with milky white skin and long, lean limbs. Ayrou have flat facial features, with wide-spaced eyes that are typically ruby red, sapphire blue, or emerald green. Instead of hair, Ayrou have a beautiful plumage of feathers in a dazzling array of colors. An Ayrou's plumage reflects his or her health, social status, and attractiveness. Consequently, Ayrou are constantly preening and checking their appearance. Ayrou have four tapered fingers on each hand and are triple-jointed, allowing them to bend their limbs at incredible angles.
Age Groups: Ayrou age at the following stages:
|CHILD||YOUNG ADULT||ADULT||MIDDLE AGE||OLD||VENERABLE|
|1-7 Years||8-12 Years||13-44 Years||45-55 Years||56-79 Years||80+ Years|
Languages: Ayrou speak and read Ayrou. The trilling, shrieking Ayrou language is often compared to the sound of a songbird being strangled.
Example Names: Chee'ad, Tircee, Noreekee, Kuusa, Tessyn.
Ayrou Species Traits Edit
Ayrou share the following Species Traits:
- Ability Modifiers: All Ayrou receive a +2 bonus to their Wisdom, but suffer a -2 penalty to their Constitution. Ayrou are a practical Species, that seeks wealth as a means, rather than an end.
- Medium Size: As Medium creatures, Ayrou have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Speed: Ayrou have a base speed of 6 squares.
- Conditional Bonus Feat: Ayrou are crafty negotiators and expert gatherers of information. An Ayrou with either Gather Information or Persuasion as a Trained Skill gains either Skill Focus (Gather Information) or Skill Focus (Persuasion) as a bonus Feat.
- Empathy: Ayrou add their Charisma bonus (If any) to Perception checks made to Sense Deception or Sense Influence.
- Automatic Languages: All Ayrou can speak, read, and write both Ayrou and Basic.